July 28, 2013

What's for Dinner?::Beer Soaked Beef

I've never bought steaks nor have I ever cooked them! So this was totally new for me! They weren't too bad. They were actually very tender & juicy...

I didn't follow the recipe to a T. (Get it? T? Like T-Bone steak, hahaha!)

#1. I couldn't find "flank steak" at the grocery store so I think I bought sirloin? IDK they're all the same to me! haha!

#2. My steaks must have been thicker than a flank steak because they had to cook longer than what the recipe said.

#3. I followed the directions for the "sauce", but didn't like the way it turned out so I didn't pour it over the steaks...OK actually I did then I took the steaks off, rinsed off the plates, and started over.

#4. I didn't "cut against the grain" or whatever...I just served the whole steak on the plate!

Ok...so here's the recipe...I'm posting my pic, but don't judge! I think I'll definitely make this again...or make the marinade rather & have Ryan grill the steaks. :)

Cheers!

Ingredients

Instructions

  • In a 9- X 13-inch glass baking dish, combine beer, oil, garlic, lemon juice, sugar, salt and cloves; add steak. Cover dish and marinate in refrigerator, turning once or twice, at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
  • Place a grill pan in broiler; preheat broiler to high. Remove meat from marinade and broil about 3 1/2 minutes per side for medium rare, or longer until desired doneness.* Remove meat from broiler and place meat on a plate; loosely cover with aluminum foil and let stand for about 10 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, place grill pan on stovetop over high heat; carefully pour marinade onto grill pan. Bring to a boil (beer will foam) and cook until all alcohol burns off, about 5 to 7 minutes.
  • Thinly slice steak against the grain and serve with sauce. Yields about 4 ounces of steak per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment