July 4, 2013

Roll the Stone Away...

...Let the Guilty Pay...It's Independence Day!

I have been looking forward to this day since Prestyn got her 1st bikini that looked like the American Flag! Then I got really excited for today when BFF sent us both matching flag shirts!

Of course we wear the American flag, and celebrate in such a way because we are rejoicing that we are an independent country! Though our country...may have it's ups and downs...and that's all we'll say about that...I am still proud to be an American! Where at least I know I'm free! And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me!

Ryan's mom, Prestyn's Grammies, got her the American Flag bikini & matching hat so I told Ryan we must spend the 4th with them so they could see her in it! Thankfully they had planned on having family over to Nanny's for a pool party & cook out!

We were so excited that we were the first there! Besides Nanny of course...and the cooks, Uncle John & Stevie. We of course had to get some family pictures, and some pictures of me & P in our matching tee! (Have I been reading too much Dr. Suess?!...speaking of reading...P got her 1st Curious George book! I don't think we've ever seen Aunt Gina & Uncle Chris and NOT gotten a gift for P!) Woops! There I go rambling again...

Since P's wake times are short I fed her then we were able to get in the pool with her! She loves bath time, and has loved the other times we've gotten her in a pool. But we were a little hesitant since the water was a little chilly. But she did great! She just floated around with Mommy & Daddy! I know, I know, I didn't wait the 30 minutes to an hour after feeding her to put her in the pool, but she did wonderful so no complaints!

Then it was time for the grown ups to eat! We had a delicious 4th of July lunch with BBQ sandwiches, baked beans, pasta salad, and more! As soon as I finished eating, and ready for Aunt Gina's patriotic cake the baby was ready for a nap! Oh well...maybe I'll get some next year! ;)

We put P in the Pack 'n' Play in the "doll room" at Nanny's house (duh! that's where we were!). She went right now. Thankfully Nanny still had a monitor from when Moose was living with her so she kept an ear out for Prestyn while Ryan and I got in the pool with everybody else! It was so fun to lay out in the pool & relax! I haven't done this in a YEAR! It was a year ago this weekend that we found out we were pregnant...I already felt chubby & like I was showing (yeah right!) so didn't get back in a bathing suit after that!

Nanny did such a good job listening for Prestyn. When she started to fuss when she was waking up Nanny went in to check on her. And oh sweet Nanny! I know she tried, but Prestyn woke up in an unfamiliar place with somebody not as familiar to her as Mommy & Daddy! So it took her a good while to calm down. Thankfully Ryan was there because I don't think I could have done that alone! Once we finally got her calm she ate, and then it was time to go!

So here we are...baby is bathed & in bed while Daddy is volunteering at the fire station. Let's hope for a good, quiet, and safe night for all!

Cheers! XOXO








Prestyn wasn't too thrilled with her new sunglasses today so I thought I'd get some use out of them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment