I couldn't find Chicken Sausage so I just used regular Italian Sausage & crumbled it as I cooked in...I'm sure it was probably more points this way, but that's the joy of Weight Watchers...you have room for flexibility!
|2 spray(s) cooking spray|
|12 oz uncooked whole wheat pasta, rotini suggested (about 3 cups)|
|1 tsp olive oil, extra-virgin|
|1/2 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs|
|2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano suggested|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
|8 oz cooked chicken sausage(s), Italian-variety, thinly sliced|
|1 medium yellow pepper(s), thinly sliced|
|1 medium uncooked, onion(s), chopped|
|1 pound(s) fresh mushroom(s), sliced|
|2 Tbsp water|
|4 cup(s) marinara sauce|
|1 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9- X 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain pasta and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring often, until toasted, about 4 minutes. Remove breadcrumbs to a small bowl; stir in Parmesan and oregano and set aside.
- In same skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate and drain any fat from skillet.
- Add pepper and onion to skillet; cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until vegetables start to brown and soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and water to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add vegetables, sausage and marinara sauce to pot with drained pasta; toss to coat. Spoon into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with mozzarella and reserved breadcrumbs. Bake until heated through and cheese melts, about 25 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving (about 1 1/2 cups).