July 10, 2013

What's for Dinner?

I've done posts like this before...but I'm wanting to start it up again to save some of my favorite recipes...I was going to later post about my post pregnancy weight loss until I lost all the weight I wanted to lose, but I'll go ahead and start a little with this post...then blog more about it later when I lose all the weight!

So I gained about 50 pounds during pregnancy. Go ahead...look all wide eyed! Unless you saw me in person you may be like, that's all?! Ha! I got pretty big! And I don't regret it at all! I ate what I wanted to eat...I still ate healthy, but if I wanted a Little Debby I had a Little Debby! My weight gain was slow so the doctors weren't concerned about it...my blood pressure was always good so health wise...I was fine!

Since I had a C-Section I had to go to the doctor 2 weeks post partum to check my incision. So...I also had to step on the scale...by this point I lost 20 pounds! We had lovely friends and family bringing us meals for the first 6 weeks since Prestyn was born. So I wasn't going to worry about it! I was going to eat the yummy meals that were brought to us and enjoy them! At my 6 week post partum check I don't remember what my weight was at the doctor, but I had weighed myself at home that morning...that was the day I decided to start Weight Watchers! Not because the number scared me, but because this was my plan all along.

I did Weight Watchers before we got married, and was pleased with the results! I have a Weight Watchers scale at home...and a newborn so going to the meetings wasn't going to work for me! So I joined online! I hardly have to get on the computer since I have the Weight Watchers app. But I do get on the computer when I'm looking for recipes!

So here's the point of this blog...for the Weight Watcher recipes that Husband says, "mmmm! That was good! Make that again!" I'll be blogging the recipe! I wish I would have thought of this sooner since we've had several "mmmm! That was good!" meals...and since I pay for Weight Watchers I'm paying for these recipes... so I'm blogging about them so I can find them again later. And hopefully my readers will try some of these recipes, and enjoy them as much as did!

So for dinner tonight we had: barbecue pork sandwiches, mac & cheese, and green beans (no...the mac & cheese isn't Weight Watchers, but we like it so we had it!)

Ingredients



Instructions


  • Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add pork slices in a single layer and season with salt and pepper; brown 2 minutes per side. Do not crowd; cook in batches if necessary. Remove pork and set aside. Add onion and garlic to skillet; sauté over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.

  • Add tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper to skillet; stir and simmer 1 minute. Add pork to skillet and spoon sauce over pork; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
I guess next time I'll be like everybody else, and take a picture of my food to post for the blog...haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment