May 23, 2013

A Beautiful Day

This post is a tad bit late, but we've had lots of beautiful days since and I haven't had a chance to write...today I have a little more time to write since Miss Priss is content just getting sleepy & not being entertained...she's very sleepy lately after her 2 month shots, but that's for another day!

The beautiful day I'm referring to in the title is MOTHER'S DAY! It was my first Mother's Day with this beautiful angel. She really is such a blessing, and I thank God for choosing me to be her mommy! I am overwhelmed with the joys of being a mother!

What better way to start Mother's Day festivities than church service?! But this wasn't just any ol' church service...not that any of them are since we really enjoy our church...but this service was extra special! Parent Dedication took place this morning! It really worked out that the church organized dedication on this day & little miss was old enough to be alert!

From a couple of parents who grew up Catholic & grew up being baptized as babies a dedication for our baby was a little out of the norm. But for us it made total sense! Parent Dedication is a time for us to stand in front of our family, friends, loved ones, and our church with our little miracle to say that as her parents we promise to raise her in a Christ centered home.

It is our hope that Prestyn will grow to know the love Jesus Christ had for her from the moment she was conceived. We pray that she will accept Christ as her Lord & Savior, and live a life with her faith has a foundation in her decision making...

Choosing to dedicate Prestyn in front of our church is the first step on her Faith Path. As long as we continue to set a good example as Christians for Prestyn I believe she will be on the right path. We are such proud parents, and so thankful to have the opportunity to share our love for Christ with our daughter.

Prestyn was an absolute doll, and slept in my mom's arms the entire service! After church we had a nice celebratory lunch/Mother's Day Brunch with my mom, my dad, and Prestyn's Uncle Anthony. I could not have asked for a better start to Mother's Day!

Once we got home P and I took a nice long nap! She must have known it was Mother's Day & let me sleep! It was wonderful! While we slept Daddy cleaned up, and got things ready for our dinner. He grilled for me! We had grilled chicken and veggies! Yum!! And I didn't have to clean up a thing!

Oh and as my 1st Mother's Day gift...Ryan and Prestyn got me the necklace I've been wanting! It's a sideways cross gold chain with a heart charm with a P on it and Prestyn's birthstone (aquamarine). Beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment