You are 1 month old! Mommy wants to tear up thinking about how quickly time is already passing by. We are soaking up every moment with you & loving every little precious thing about you! Here's what you've been up to the past month:
* We have figured out that you don't like to sleep on a flat surface. So you sleep in a rock 'n' play in our bedroom. It's the snug-a-bunny kind like your bouncer which you also love. Our first nights at home you would only sleep in your bouncer...those were tough nights. Daddy would sit with you while you bounced until you fell asleep...When we visited the doctor at your 2 week appointment, and talked about you spitting up she said you sleeping on an incline probably helps you so try a swing. We didn't have one, but your sweet friend Saylor Bay is letting you borrow hers & you love it!
* You love morning time! We usually get up around 7 to start our day...You don't usually go to sleep after that feeding like you do in the middle of the night since it's getting bright outside then. You play in your crib while Mommy pumps to make bottles. Then you get dressed. Mommy loves having a baby girl to dress up so she usually has your clothes and matching bow picked out the night before. Even if it's just a onesie there's a bow to match! You just laugh & smile at your changing table while Mommy sings songs to you from your ipod. Mommy puts baby powder in your hair to keep it fresh for the day, and you get a little baby massage with good smelling lotion before putting your clothes on for the day!
* You're not much of a fan of "tummy time" on your lamb mat, but you're getting so good at it! After we get you dressed you have some tummy time on your mat. You began rolling over your first week at home! You don't roll over EVERY time you're on your tummy, but you do lift up with your fists and hold your head up! We ar eso impressed with your strength.
* Mommy's trying very hard to keep you on a eat, play, sleep schedule and you've been doing pretty good with that! So your first morning nap is in the swing...you're kind of like clock work during the day with your schedule! It's awesome!
* You had your first play date with Jaxson. His mommy, Kristina, is friends with your Aunt Kari. He came to our house for the first date, then we went to his house. It was there that you played his piano toy. You loved it so when we left their house Mommy went to Target to get you one which ended up being a gift from your Pap Pap!
* When we lay you on your play mat or in your jungle gym you turn your head to the side and watch TV. Sometimes you watch Puppy playing. Sometimes you look at yourself in the mirror and smile. It's so sweet & fun!
* You eat about every 2 1/2 - 3 hours during the day. At night you wake up to eat about every 3-4 hours. Sometimes longer sometimes shorter. It just depends! We think you've gone through lots of growth spurts since you have a couple of days where you want to nurse constantly!
* Mommy had an interview, and couldn't take you so you had to have your first bottle. Daddy did an awesome job at giving it to you, and you liked it! Daddy figured out though that you may need a bib while eating a bottle since you got a little messy.
* Everybody is so impressed with how alert you are! You love to smile & interact. Your facial expressions really make Mommy & Daddy smile! Even your sad faces are cute. But it really makes Mommy sad now that you have real tears when you cry. :(
* You were born weighing 7 lbs 5 oz. When we left the hospital you weighed 6 lbs 11 oz. It's totally normal for you to lose a little weight after birth. You only lost 9 % so the pediatrician wasn't worried. When we went for your 1st appointment just 2 days after being home you weighed 6 lbs 14 oz. At your 2 week appointment you weighed 7lbs 8 oz. Yay! You passed your birth weight! At your 1 month appointment you weighed 7 lbs 14 oz which is what Mommy weighed when she was born! Here's how you rated on the WHO Growth Chart:
*Weight: 7 lbs 14 oz 16 Percentile
*Length: 21 in. 49 Percentile
*Head Circumference: 37 cm 70 Percentile
You just keep growing and adding more and more joy to our lives every day! We love you very much!! XOXO!