January 14, 2014

Christmas Celebrations

My oh my! Did we have a great Christmas, or what! It pretty much started before Thanksgiving this year! Usually we wait until after Thanksgiving to start decorating, but this year we had such nice weather before Thanksgiving. Ryan took full advantage of this, and started putting the lights on the outside of the house! Each year he said he wants to add at least 1 more thing than the year before...so this year he added an inflatable. Bleh! I've always been so against these...they look cool at night when they're up & going, but during the day I hate the way they're just flat on the ground. Well Ryan found one with Santa in a firetruck with a puppy on it that looked like Ryder Pup. So I said oooook...it's for Prestyn! And she did enjoy looking at it! Too bad I didn't get a picture of it!

I was a little nervous about putting all the decorations up...I wasn't sure what Prestyn would do. She actually did GREAT! Thankfully our big pretty tree has mostly shatter proof ornaments. I hung the Wizard of Oz and Waterford ones up higher to where she couldn't get them. But this tree is in the front room where we don't spend a lot of time. The other tree in the living room...she would try to get to, but I showed her 1 ornament that I didn't mind if she played with since it was a little stuffed bear from a student so that was the only one she wanted to play with. :)

So the big pretty tree is the one I put wrapped gifts under. The other one is the one for Santa to put his gifts under. This year I decided to do books for Prestyn as an advent calendar to countdown the days until Christmas. So I wrapped 25 books that were under this tree. She liked the glittery tags I had on each one. The plan was to unwrap a book each night, and this would be her bedtime story. Well we got behind many days, and still haven't read all the books! But they are all unwrapped! Next year we'll do a Christmas activity on each day. I didn't do that this year because I thought she was too little...really I think she was too little for anything, but next year...it's on!

I'm writing this almost 1 month after Christmas so it's hard to remember EVERYTHING we did over the Christmas holiday! Bad Mommy, I know! But at least I'm writing SOMETHING! A friend of mine had the Santa from Neiman Marcus at her house for pictures! So Prestyn got her 1st Santa picture with this fabulous Santa! We got some great pictures! Such good pictures that we didn't even go see the NorthPark Santa that we wanted to. That's ok though. :) We went to Bass Pro to see that Santa, but the wait was FOREVER! We had fun taking lots of pictures of P with the Winter Wonderland things they had!

Every year since Ryan and I started dating we have been going to the ICE exhibit at the Gaylord Texan. We bundled P up this year, and took her with us! I don't know if she liked it, or didn't like it...but she didn't cry going through it! She just looked at everything! I think she had a lot of fun walking around the Gaylord & taking pictures...so much to take in! Afterwards we saw Ryan's mom's side of the family for the annual Campo Verde Christmas dinner. P did so good! And we had so much fun!

We took Prestyn to my mom's cousin's Zina's annual family Christmas Party. The party started right at Prestyn's bed time so it was a little hard to stay too long, but we had a good time. Plus with her being so mobile (no complaints) it's hard to keep up with her!

We had Christmas with my best friend & her family at our home. :) They came, and went on the Polar Express train ride with us in our neighborhood. We saw another Santa & Mrs. Claus as well had hot chocolate & cookies! We had fun exchanging gifts with Prestyn & Dylan.

Our church holds Christmas services on Christmas Eve & even a couple days before! Which works well for us since we go to Arlington on Christmas Eve. So on Christmas Eve eve we went to Christmas Eve service at our church. Afterwards my little family of 3 enjoyed a hibachi dinner at Kyoto! Prestyn loved watching the chefs!

I'm sure I'm forgetting something we did before Christmas Eve, but on Christmas Eve we went to Nanny's house! We were the first there so Prestyn got to play for a while. Once everybody got there, and got their P fix we had dinner. :) We then opened gifts! It was so fun! So usually it goes youngest to oldest opens 1 gift then oldest to youngest. We repeat this until everybody has opened all their gifts. Well since Prestyn was the very youngest we let her open all her gifts first. It was so much fun! She really LOVES all the toys & clothes she got! It was funny though because Ryan's 4 younest girl cousins usually have all the attention on them...this year was a little different! Prestyn was most fascinated with the shiny wrapping paper...NOTE TO SELF FOR NEXT YEAR...buy shiny wrapping paper! Or don't...haha then maybe she won't try to get into them before Christmas!

After Nanny's house we went to Uncle David's house to have Christmas with Ryan's dad's side of the family. We had more present opening, and lots of play time! Prestyn had such a long day she was sleepy, but did so good...she had such a good time with her Paw-Paw & cousins!

Oh! Prestyn got a Christmas card from her Grammies. Inside it I got to write all the special presents she got. :) So exciting! I love for her to have things to look back on when she's older to help her remember her childhood. :) ...like this blog! :)

Christmas morning was exciting! Ryan and I got up & let Prestyn see all her presents from Santa! Including getting in her stocking. :) She really liked the giant sized Minnie Mouse and bath book! My family came over Christmas morning, and had a good yummy breakfast with us! We exchanged gifts with my nephews since they went to their mom's that afternoon. They both really liked their gifts from us, and Prestyn really liked her gifts from them! They got her a onesie with their picture on it! Too cute!!

After her 2 hour nap we went to my parent's house for Christmas dinner. Ryan and I opened gifts from my parents, and took Prestyn's gifts from us for her to open. We had so much fun! Prestyn was not at all intersted in sleeping over there so we didn't get to stay as late as we wanted, but that was ok. We made up for missing game time by having game time on New Year's Day.

It was an amazing 1st Christmas for Miss Prestyn Reese. I hope we do our job as parents as always reminding her, and telling her the story of Christmas...and the reason for the season! The birth of our savior...Jesus Christ! I love the feeling that Christmas time brings, and hope that it lasts in all of you all year long!

Cheers!








































No comments:

Post a Comment