July 18, 2011

House Warming Party

Well....as you can see things got PRETTY busy with "The All American Couple". So busy that I'm super behind on blogging...just like lunch with an old friend I'm going to pick up RIGHT where I left off!

The weekend after my birthday & Arlington Wedding Shower we had our House Warming Party---WHY we planned a party at our house just WEEKS before our wedding??!! Thankfully we have wonderful parents who helped out very generously! My mom & friend, Krystal came over the night before while Ryan was at work...Krystal helped me hang stuff up around the house while Mom worked in the kitchen preparing all the food that would be served. When Ryan got home Saturday morning we got busy cleaning the house from top to bottom! Krystal came over early to help put out all the food that Mom made & even made cupcakes! :) Our first guests, Amanda & Calen were early so they were put to work too! ;) Ryan's parents came with his aunt, uncle, and Nanni. Ryan's mom brought all kind of goodies...including french onion dip in an interesting bowl (if you were there you know what I'm talking about) haha!
Us opening gifts...
We got an awesome basket of goodies from Uncle Chris & Aunt Gina.
I was cracking up because I asked who was staying for margaritas & Nanni raised her hand!
This party was a reason to show off our first new home, celebrate our 17 days apart birthdays, and help stock our bar! We got all kinds of gifts! Waaaay more than I expected! We certainly have some great friends who know how to shower us with great gifts & have a good time! Our friends Layn and Jessica stayed the night since they had a long drive back so we finished the night by playing Just Dance (ok...just me) and a card game!

The next morning was an early one...I got up to fix everybody breakfast & get ready for ANOTHER bridal shower. It was a little bitter sweet since it was my last one. :( But also a little relieving since Mom and I were getting worn out on being somewhere EVERY weekend! The next post will be about that shower...

No comments:

Post a Comment