September 16, 2013

Verse of the Week::Proverbs 3:5-6

I'm trying something new...Verse of the Week...for a couple reasons

1: The Bible is my foundation for daily living. It's the book of life that tells us how to live as Godly people who follow Christ. So I thought I needed to know it more. I know the stories, but I don't feel like I REALLY know it well enough so I thought I'd try to learn a verse a week...

2. It has always been my hope and prayer that our children are Christ followers...even before we were pregnant...even before we were married...even before we met! This is somethin I want for my family. I don't want them to just memorize verses because it's what "Mom says to do." But I want them to so that they can better know the Bible, and live by God's word. Children are excellent followers...they will follow us as their parents...and in turn follow Christ...or that's my hope & prayer at least. :)

3. I've always relied on the Bible a lot if I'm in need. And search for the specific words to help ease my mind. Since having a child my need for comfort and peace in God has heightened...

It's inevitable that once you have a child you lose sleep because a. the baby is waking to eat or b. you're worried the baby won't wake! I definitely don't have to worry that P won't wake to nurse because that baby loves to eat...especially late at night! But I do worry a lot while she sleeps...Ryan can assure you of that...I'm always asking, is she ok? Is she too hot? Is she too cold? Can she breathe? What if she gets stuck? I mean the possibilities are endless...

But what always eases my mind is this verse: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6. I say this to myself at night when I catch myself worrying...I sometimes only get through the first part..."Trust in the Lord with all your heart..."before I'm fast asleep!

So my message to my readers this week is "Trust in the Lord with all your heart..."when you're worried or feel helpless put your trust in the Lord and His will be done. He has set your path for you...submit yourselves to Him, and He will guide you through this path. Don't try to figure everything out on your own...God already has it all figured out for you...so just trust Him!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment