June 23, 2012

1 Year of Paper

I cannot believe we have already been married for a year! My how time flies!! I'm all about traditions so we of course followed the tradition of giving paper as a gift...

I originally thought of making a shadow box or something that I could put old movie stubs, concert tickets, etc. in for Ryan...then my mom told me I should make him something of paper that he could hang in the garage (his favorite place!) Anyway...I ended up making a collage of the sayings, quotes, scriptures, and well wishes from our wedding cards. TOOK ME F-O-R-E-V-E-R to cut up all the cards then arrange them & Mod Podge them on the canvas. **No, I did not get this idea off Pinterest...some of us still have some creativity within. :) ** Here's the finished product displayed in our bathroom rather than the garage...

Ryan quite impressed me with his paper gift...in the sweet card he gave me was a print out of the confirmation to go sail on the Seawolf on Lake Ray Hubbard. We have been wanting to do this so I was quite excited!! He did let me know that the boat needed 6 people before we could cruise so we may not get to go on our actually anniversary which was Monday. Stay tuned to find out what happened... :)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment